Did you know that 65% of startups fail due to conflict among co-founders? Don't let this be you and your co-founder and switch to the other 35%. Co-founder coaching is an investment in the well-being of your business. Co-founder coaching is to a startup as couples counseling is to a marriage. It allows co-founders to sit down together, dive deeper into current issues and proactively strengthen the most important relationship within the company.
Together with your coach you will dig deep into your feelings, thoughts and needs. Self-reflection is the key in understanding the dynamics of your relationship!
Your coach will help you understand the dynamics of your communication. This helps you see what is working well and what is not – and why.
The goal isn't to find the one to blame, but to identify the communication patterns that keep you stuck. Your coach will not give you answers but rather let you find the solutions yourself.
Together with your coach, you will set concrete steps in order to achieve your goals. Your coach will act as your accountability partner all the way.
The challenges you are facing may be work-related, such as leadership challenges or division of responsibilities, or more related to your personal relationship, like communication and trust. Or maybe you just want to sit down and nurture your relationship on a regular basis.
Co-founder coaching is mainly designed for two founders at a time, but it can be modified according to your needs. Contact us for more information if this is the case for you.
At the beginning of each session, your coach helps you define a theme, goal or question for the session. Next, he or she will help you tackle this theme with insightful questions and summaries. Your job is to actually stop and reflect on the topic, and to be as open-minded as possible. The coach's job is to support you in finding solutions, clarity and new perspectives on the issue by challenging your thoughts and beliefs. At the end of the meeting, you sum up what you have gained from the discussion. To get most out of coaching, you can consider ways to work on the issue independently between the sessions together with your coach.
Our coaches have a deep understanding of the realities of being founder: we know what a rollercoaster ride it is. e understand how psychological factors, such as emotions and interpersonal dynamics play a part in the problems
The effectiveness of coaching depends a lot not only on the coach but also on your own contribution. Open-mindedness, curiosity, and the acceptance that the complexities of human relationships are rarely solved with a simple quick-fix, go a long way. The coach is not going to provide you with ready-made solutions and advice, because you are the expert in what works for you! Sometimes exploring your own thoughts and feelings can feel heavy and laborious. But a good coaching session is a bit like a good workout: despite feeling hard during the session, in the end it will always bring more energy than it takes.
We recommend holding the sessions face-to-face, because the level of trust and connection that effective coaching requires is easier to achieve in person. So at least the first sessions should be held face-to-face, but after that the sessions can be held remotely if needed.
As a member, you get regular sessions with your coach, as well as on-going support from him or her between the sessions. In addition, we regularly organize customer events, such as webinars and seminars for our members. Laavu also has a small library from which members can borrow books to support their growing. Not to mention that our office has perhaps the best coffee in town.
Laavu's coaching is based on membership and it is billed monthly. The agreement is valid until further notice, so you can terminate your membership when you no longer find the service useful. The notice period is one calendar month. If you ever need to cancel a coaching session, it can be saved for later and you can use it at a more convenient time for you.
Laavu's coaching is a service that supports the company's business activities and is therefore deductible as a company expense. As usual, you can also deduct the VAT on the service.